Thursday, July 11, 2013

Numb

Confusion, panic, uncertainty
All flash
The sudden impact leaves me numb
A heaviness fills me, weighing down like lead
Loneliness consumes everything, crushing all that oppose it
There is no drive, no motivation, nothing
The weight is too much
All that musters to the surface brings tears
But no cries can escape
Flowing, silently, numbly
Movement hindered, time stands still
The only feeling is a throbbing ache of loneliness
A cavernous void of longing
I feel nothing as the tears come

Unbidden by sorrow or the pain 

2 comments:

  1. You know that we all need our needs meet and when they're not meet we stray OK I love you tami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoever you are, thank you and believe that I love you too. I know people can stray when needs are not met, believe me, however, compromise can usually solve that.

      Delete