Thursday, May 23, 2013

War With Fear


Bracing myself for heartbreak, I feel the sting of sorrow seeping slowly in. 
The heat and light of love slowly draining, giving in to the abysmal darkness
Panic wages war against the shreds of normalcy left within my sanity 
Anger rushes the flanks of my serenity, clashing hard against thin armor
Suspicion and doubt sneak past defenses, assassinating trust, leaving no evidence
The siege wages on, my heart will be starved out
There is no well to quench the loneliness
No provisions to sustain my weakened love
The more my mind fights with my emotions I feel it all slipping
The war between protecting love and protecting what has been left of my heart
Will I be destroyed?
When will it end?
Which side do I favor?
The dream hangs softly above the waging forces
Floating, unaware of the inner hatred and desire its existence has spawned
Hopeless, I reach for the unattainable, the salvation 
Feebly I try to fight, strength has left me
I feel the clashes, the hits, the poisons and the daggers
Closing my eyes I let the darkness take me
Silence engulfing my soul and shutting out the noise and light
Fear has declared his victory, roaring into my soul the shame of defeat

No comments:

Post a Comment