Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fear's Prisoner


Amongst the nothing, I lay
Numb and empty, staring into the darkness
I sense the commotion around me, I hear the clatter
Fear has one, declared the victor and reigns over my being
A strange sense of peace waves over me, followed by terror
This peace is false, this silence is deceptive
I am Fears prisoner now, waiting in my cell of apathy
What is next?
Pain appears squeezing my heart in an icy grip
Frozen I watch the love drip from it, drying, decaying before me
Despair, distraught, desolate and dying
Screams into the insanity
Erupting into an inferno of delirium, giving way to the seduction of madness
A stone weighs heavy on the abandon
An anchor unnoticed in the frenzy of failures acceptance
A tiny glow, humble, pure and frail, beats slowly
Turning, ablaze with anger and pain, stumbling toward the angelic ember
Fear shackles my movement, hindering
Bursting still, flames of hatred torch the remains of love
Dignity and worth now a pile of ash
Haggard and spent, my gaze rests on the ember
As I feel myself fading into the darkness, it looks to creep closer
In my madness I call to it, begging, laughing, screaming, crying
The ember dims

No comments:

Post a Comment